Saturday, April 29, 2017

Four...Fore...Whatever...

Today's the day for our 1st Annual LICL Golf Tourney which has been organized by our church's Encouragement Team.  I get to play today with Mike Woods, his son, Brett and my son-in-law, Geoff. "Play" is a term used very loosely. I've been suffering from back problems since Monday afternoon.  I had a steroid injection on Thursday and I felt great for about 24 hours.  But the pain is still on going and I doubt that I can even swing a golf club.  Which could be the best thing for my team.  With me out of the way the three of them (very good golfers) can concentrate on low score and win the tournament.   I can just ride along on their coattails and not hurt myself.

Later this afternoon our Saturday service takes place at 5 pm with music by Kevin Svec's band. Sunday worship is set for 8 and 11 am and my little group will provide four songs including "Give Me Jesus," and Matt Maher's wonderful, "Abide With Me."  The title of my sermon is "God Is At Work."  Assuming I don't fall out of the golf cart and further hurt myself, I'd love to see you this weekend at Life in Christ!