Sunday, April 16, 2017

Top Ten Things This Pastor Likes About Easter


My son, Eric, calls this my "Super Bowl" Sunday.  As I head off to church this morning, here are some of the things I like about our Easter celebration at Life in Christ.

10) Getting to say "hello" to people I haven't seen since Christmas.

9) Not an Easter bunny in sight

8) The Means of Grace in plain view

7) Marveling at how much better donuts taste on Easter Sunday at church

6) Feeling goosebumps every time I hear Matt Maher's, "Christ is Risen!"

5) Hearing the greatest words every spoken: "He is not here.  He is risen just as He said.  See the place where He lay."

4) Walking the two blocks to church while seeing the sunrise and wondering, "Was it a morning like this?"

3) Hearing the congregation sing with just a little more lung power and a lot more joy on Easter than on any other Sunday of the year.

2) Announcing to the congregation, "ALLELUIA! HE IS RISEN!"

And the number one thing this pastor likes about Easter?

1) Hearing the congregation respond:"HE IS RISEN INDEED! ALLELUIA!"