Saturday, December 23, 2017

Time for my annual Christmas blog vacation

Hello friendly readers! Each year at this time I take a little vacation from the blog.  I'll be back on January 8. About 100 people each day check out this blog.  That's not a large number but from some of you I hear that you check in every day so I feel quite honored that you take a little time to see what I've written.  I hope you have gotten some encouragement by checking in.  I really love sharing those things that have helped me in some way and I hope they do the same for you.

We have an exciting weekend of worship at LICL.  Today at 5 pm we'll have worship with Holy Communion and music provided by Kevin Svec and his band.  Sunday morning we will worship at 8 am and I'll provide the fourth message in my sermon series, "Moving Toward the Manger." At 11 am our Sunday school kids will tell the Christmas message with costumes, props, everything!  Pastor Marcus will include a sermonette.

Sunday evening at 7 and 9 pm we will hold our traditional candlelight services.  There will be lots of special music and the final message, "Moving Toward the Manger - With Praise," will be offered.  Then, on Christmas Monday, we will gather at the church for our traditional carols and readings service.

In the midst of this very busy time of the year, I hope you'll stop to come and worship the God who has made your salvation possible through the gift of His Son.  His name is Jesus, "for He will save His people of their sins."  "O Come, let us adore Him, Christ the Lord!"

A blessed Christmas season to you all! Have a wonderful and prosperous 2018!