Saturday, January 13, 2018

What are you going to be doing this weekend?

Have you got big plans? Taking a hike? Visiting a museum? Getting a jump on spring cleaning? You've got plans? So do I!

Today at noon we'll hold a Memorial Service for one of our members.  In the afternoon I'll practice guitar and review my sermon for the new 9:30 am service.  My dear, sweet wife and I are fans of the BBC/PBS show, "Call the Midwife" and we're working on season five right now.  I'm sure we'll watch an episode or two in the evening.

Tomorrow is another big day at church.  Worship at 8, 9:30, and 11 am.  My sermon at 9:30 am deals with the importance of listening, really hearing and listening to God's Word.  I'm pretty happy with the message and hopeful that it will encourage the hearers to make a new year's resolution - listen to God speak through His Word.

When I've visited with the last worshipper at the 11 am service, I'll change my clothes and head over to Tempe.  My son is running his first (and he says his last) marathon.  He's been training for several months now and has run over 400 practice miles! As he says, 26.2 miles to go.

Whatever your plans might be, I hope you'll be including worship and Bible study as part of the agenda.  Come and join us this weekend at LICL - Saturday at 5 & Sunday at 8, 9:30 & 11 am.

Blessings!