Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Missing my buddy, Howie

This is my buddy, Howie.  He belonged to my youngest daughter and her family.  But Howie felt like he belonged to me.

Katie rescued him back in 2008.  Howie quickly became a fixture at our house every Sunday. He and I would tussle with one of his stuffed toys. I would sneak different food items off my plate for him to eat (yes, I know - very bad!). I also taught him how to sit up and shake.  That only took about 200 dog biscuits. Thinking back on it, Howie probably figured out how to do all that stuff after a few tries - but I think he milked it so he could keep those dog biscuits coming!

Howie passed away yesterday.  He gave me much joy and unconditional love.  I believe that Martin Luther thought that our pets would join us in heaven.  After all, they are part of God's creating work. What a joy it would be that along with everything else that heaven will be, that I would have my cat, Hope, sitting on my lap, and Howie snuggled up on my side.