Tuesday, July 10, 2018

On the nightstand

I love to read and usually have more than one book going at a time.  Here's what I'm reading right now - maybe you'll see something here that you'd like to read.

Bonhoeffer by Eric Metaxas.  This book was released in 2010 but I didn't read it at the time.  I had read some other Bonhoeffer stuff and didn't think I needed to plow through a 600 page book.  But I was taken with Metaxas' biography on Martin Luther so I picked up the paperback copy of "Bonhoeffer." I've just started reading but am excited to see what revelations I can pick up from Metaxas' research.

The Aging Brain by Dr. Timothy Jennings. Jennings offers what he calls "proven steps" to hold off or prevent dementia. Seems filled with useful tips.

When God Makes No Sense by Dr. Larry Crabb.  The author tackles a subject that most, if not all, Christians have had to deal with at one time or another in their lives.  Have just started the book and can't wait to really dig into it.

Our Way Home by Daniel Paavola.  I'm actually reading this book a second time.  I plowed through this book way too fast the first time.  I really want to savor "Our Way Home."  Paavola's insights into the Lord's Prayer make it a must-read book.

An Unhurried Leader by Alan Fadling.  Speaking of being in a hurry, a friend recommended I take a look at this book.  The book teaches how Jesus sets the pace for your life.  This is help I can use.

Happy reading!