Monday, September 17, 2018

I'm going to see Paul McCartney!

Ok, in my last post I mentioned that occasionally I would talk about personal stuff.

Today is that day. I'm going to see Paul McCartney!  Yeah, yeah, yeah!!

Late last week, one of my friends at church, Diana Strahl, sent me a text saying that advanced tickets for a Paul McCartney concert were going on sale Monday morning, Sept. 17.

What concert? I hadn't read or heard of McCartney coming to Phoenix.  It was all news to me, the guy who trolls the internet looking for any McCartney or Beatles news.  I must be slipping.

Then, last Saturday, I see the ad for the concert in the local paper.  I begin trying to figure out how we could get tickets.  They needed to be purchased online and they needed to be purchased fast because this concert is going to sell out fast.  Sherri sat quietly listening to me going on and on about my dilemma. Little did I know...

Yesterday, we celebrated two birthdays - mine and my grandson, Ethan. As we opened presents, a tie box lay before me. A tie? But when I opened the box I found not a tie but a poem.  It read like this:

To my dear, sweet husband:
 To make a baby it takes nine months long
But who would wait such a time to hear a song?
 We know you would travel afar to listen to your fave
And even though he's quite old, millions still rave
 We wonder will this be the last stage call
Of the magical mystery tour of Sir Paul
 I hope these tickets speak to your love language of gifts
And the long wait doesn't cause you to be miffed
 There is lots of time for the anticipation to build
May my prayers for a year of joy and excitement be fulfilled

Then I look at the second sheet and there they are - the tickets! Paul McCartney - The Freshen Up Tour, Wednesday, June 26, 2019 at 8 pm.  Wow, oh, wow!

The next question - "how did you get the tickets when they don't go on sale until tomorrow?"

Sherri explained that another of our friends at church, Connie Baker, told her that there was a pre-sale for holders of a certain credit card before Monday.  So, my dear, sweet wife went online and snagged two of the tickets.

In my sermon yesterday, I talked about all the waiting we seem to do each day.  Now, my waiting skills will be put to the test.  Obviously, I'd like to see Sir Paul tomorrow.

Since that won't happen, I'll have to do the next best thing - listen to his new music project!
His first number one album in over 30 years!