Tuesday, October 30, 2018

At the Cavern

I just finished reading of couple of Kenneth Womack's books about the Beatles.  I have over 100 volumes devoted to the Beatles in my library so I feel like I'm pretty informed about the Fab Four.  But Womack offered some insights and information I had not read before.  Womack holds a doctorate degree and is a college professor.  But he has written mounds of information about the Beatles music and their impact on our culture.

During our 2011 renewal trip to Europe we spent a glorious day in Liverpool.  One of our stops just had to be the Cavern, made famous because of the many song sets the Beatles played there.  I'm wearing a shirt of John, Paul, George and Ringo that was given to me by Mike Schutt, one of our members.  It was a day I won't soon forget!