Thursday, October 11, 2018

The joy of being let off the hook

Charlie Brown comes running up to Linus, shouting hysterically, "I FOUND IT! I FOUND MY LIBRARY BOOK! I LOOKED IN THE REFRIGERATOR AND THERE IT WAS! I FOUND IT!"

Linus replies, "That's great, Charlie Brown."

"I FOUND IT," cries a delirious Charlie Brown. I FOUND IT! HA HA HA HA HA HA, I FOUND IT! I FOUND IT! HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE, I FOUND IT! I FOUND IT!

As Linus walks on he observes, "In all the world there is nothing more inspiring than the sight of someone who has just been taken off the hook!"

This humorous cartoon left me wondering, "When was the last time I celebrated being left off the hook?"

My sins separated me from God.  But that separation didn't last forever.  Jesus came into this world to fulfill His Father's mission.  The perfect Jesus took the sins from the imperfect me and paid for them with His sacrificial death.  His glorious resurrection makes me certain that the Father accepted Jesus' payment. Now, through the gift of faith, I receive God's Word of forgiveness and the hope of eternal life.

So go crazy today! Through faith in Jesus you've been taken off the hook! That's reason enough to celebrate, right?

Just watch how loudly you celebrate.  You don't want to scare your spouse, kids, cat or dog.  You don't want them to think you're nuts!

Have a joy-filled day in Jesus!