Sunday, October 14, 2018

Unconditional love from a blessed friend


That's me with my our cat, Tiddy.  He originally belonged to my youngest daughter, Katie.  She needed to find a new home for Tiddy when her first child was born.  My dear, sweet wife and I are a sucker for cats and so Tiddy came to live with us.

Sherri called him a "COG."  A cat who acts like a dog! When I came home from work, Tiddy would follow me around just as a dog would.  I never got him to fetch a ball.  But he had no problem crawling up on my belly so that he could purr while I rubbed the back of his neck.

Tiddy had been ill for several months. This morning Sherri found him suffering from what appeared to be stroke-like symptoms. We took him to our vet and learned that there was really nothing that could be done for him.  We said our goodbyes and held him until the very end.

There are those who do not believe that our pets will join us in heaven. The Bible doesn't specifically say one way or the other.  But if this sinful world is going to be replaced by "a new heaven and new earth," isn't is reasonable to believe that among all the other things that God will have redeemed and made new in creation our pets will be in that place too.

We'll know when we get there. But I won't be surprised to see Tiddy Boy just waiting to follow me around.