Sunday, November 21, 2021

Before Going to Church

Gracious Savior, You have made each Sunday a day of triumph through Your resurrection, increase in me the desire to worship You as my adorable Lord and merciful Savior.  Grant that the message of Your redeeming love, which I will hear today, may make me more appreciative of Your grace, strengthen my faith, enable my character.  Make me more faithful in the coming week that I may be able to resist all temptations that come my way.  Make me ever more willing to serve others as You have served me.  Remove all distracting thoughts from my mind, and let me apply all that is said to myself rather than to others.

Let my attendance at Your house of worship be an example to others that they, too, may come and share with me the peace and hope which are mine through Your Gospel of love and grace.  Pour out on me Your greatest blessings now and always, most gracious Savior and Friend.  Amen.

From "My Prayer Book," page 87

Have a blessed Sunday!