Monday, December 6, 2021

TGW for December 6-11

Good day to you all! This week's TGW continues its look at Joshua, Matthew and Galatians.  May God bless you as you Treasure God's Word!

TGW – Dec. 6-11, 2021

Monday, December 6, 2021                                Read Joshua 3:1-8

See verse four again – maybe you face something new – job or relationship or retirement?  Like Joshua and the Israelites, we are often called to follow the Lord, by faith, trusting in Him even thought we might have never before been on the way the Lord is leading.  Pray: God, help me cast my cares on You as I follow the path you are leading me on.  Amen.

 

Tuesday, December 7, 2021                                Read Joshua 3:9-17

Who but the Living God could part the waters of a river! (vs. 10)  Obviously, God has told Joshua in advance what it is He will do.  Acting on the Word of God, the priests cross the Jordan River without getting their feet wet, and the same for the entire nation.  Pray: God, You are the mighty ruler of all things.  Give me faith to hand over all of my “impossible” situations over to You.  Amen.

 

Wednesday, December 8, 2021                         Read Psalm 5:1-12

As you read the Psalm, did you catch the theme? David writes that God’s House is our refuge, His protection is our defense.  Pray: In the morning, O Lord, You hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation.  Amen.  (vs.3)

 

Thursday, December 9, 2021                              Read Matthew 9:27-38

There is an ironic situation here – the blind men call Jesus “Son of David,” meaning “Messiah,” and they now “see” Jesus while the crowd, the religious leaders and the disciples remain blind.  It’s no wonder the healed men tell all what Jesus has done for them.  Pray: Jesus, thank You for being my Good Shepherd.  Help me to witness Your compassion to others.  Amen.

 

Friday, December 10, 2021                                 Read Matthew 10:1-25

Would you be willing to take on a job in which not everyone will like what you’re doing? Jesus is preparing his disciples for missionary work.  But Jesus warns them that not everyone will gladly welcome them and, in fact, many will oppose their message.  Pray: Jesus, if the disciples faced opposition to the Gospel, I can expect the same as I speak of You to others.  Give me courage to speak anyway.  Amen.

 

Saturday, December 11, 2021                            Read Galatians 3:1-18

“Faith alone, faith alone, faith alone!” Paul hammers his message because the Galatians have lost sight of the gracious gift God gives in the Gospel.  Verses 10-14 make clear the difference between Law and Gospel, and how the Law becomes a “curse” when a person tries to keep it perfectly.  Pray: Thank You, Jesus, for paying the price to free me from the curse of the Law so that I can trust You solely for forgiveness of sins, new life and eternal life someday.  Amen.