Sunday, March 14, 2021

A prayer for forgiveness of sins

Heavenly Father, I confess my many sins and shortcomings. With the publican I say, "God, be merciful to me, a sinner." Despite my efforts to do no wrong, my self-examination shows that I have had evil thoughts, I have spoken evil words, and done much else that was wrong.  Forgive all of this through Jesus' blood and merit. I trust in You, because You have said there is forgiveness with You.

Dear Lord, I need Your help every minute of the day. I want above all to do what is right. Begin with my heart, Lord, and fill it with Your thinking.  Make my heart over and help me prefer what You prefer. Make Your desires my desires. Let there be room only for the right thoughts.  Be with my mouth, that when I speak, I say only things You want me to say. Grant that I may help and encourage those around me. Let my hands be Your hands, that what I do will serve others and will be a credit to You.  I ask all this in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

Prayer taken from "Teenagers Pray," page three