Saturday, March 27, 2021

That was the week that was

At 5 am I walked into the surgical hospital thinking to myself, "We're really going to do this."

I was very calm.  The way all of the planning just came together so easily left me thinking that God was directing all of it - from getting the recommendation for the surgeon, having an opening in his schedule to see me, and finding a cancellation on the surgical schedule so that I could have the surgery on March 24 as opposed to April 7.

The two hour surgery was a success and the pain I'm feeling right now is centered where the surgical incision was made; the unrelenting back pain that only grew worse the past few years seems to be gone.  Praise the Lord!

Got home Thursday afternoon and felt really well, all things considered.  God about six hours of sleep too.  Yesterday, there was a lot more pain from the incision.  Now, it seems that I have some kind of bladder infection.  Running a temperature, unable to sleep or get comfortable.  Driving my dear, sweet wife crazy.

Still, how can I not praise the Lord.  The surgery was successful and the infection is treatable.  I'll be able to get an early jump on my devotional reading and prayers, what with it being so quiet.  And I might even doze off in my recliner for a few hours.

Have a blessed Saturday, my friends!