Saturday, August 16, 2014

It's gonna be a busy Saturday!

Well, let's see...I need to memorize the sermon that I re-wrote on Friday (hopefully an improvement over what I wrote on Thursday).  I'll head down to church around lunch time to get ready for the Marriage Service of John Keedy Jr. and Angel Ramirez.  Then a short break before heading back to church to play with Connie, Dan and Ron as we lead the music during the Saturday 5 pm service.  Deacon Jerry Klink will do the preaching.

Sunday is the usual - services at 8 and 10:45 am.  During the sermon I'll share why I believe the Canaanite Woman was so persistent in praying to Jesus.  A new year of Sunday school starts tomorrow and that kicks off with an open house at 9:20 am.  After church I'll head home for lunch, possibly a nap and watch my favorite football team, Liverpool, open their new season (it will be TIVOed so please - no spoilers!).  Hope your weekend is blessed and if you don't have a church home, come and see us at LICL!