Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The family quiver is becoming fuller

Which is another way to say that my son, Eric, and daughter-in-law, Christina, are expecting a baby in October.

They made their announcement at the dinner table last Sunday and did it so subtly that I missed it.

Suddenly, the table exploded with excitement and I was saying, "Whoa! What's going on? Did I miss something?"

In my defense, the television was on in the background and I don't hear as well as I used to.  However, once I got up to speed, I was happy to join in the celebration.

Eric and Christina are wonderful parents.  The love and care and patience they demonstrate with their daughter, Emily, never fails to impress me.

Will it be a boy or girl? Well, we'll have to wait on that one.  But we thank the Lord for blessing their family and for adding one more grandchild to the family quiver (See Psalm 127:5).