Monday, March 23, 2015

Don't take me out to the ballgame.

Why, because it costs too much!

Ed Montini is one of the columnist for the local paper.  I rarely find myself in agreement with anything he writes.  But I was shouting "Amen!" as I read this stuff on Sunday.

He basically says he's falling out of love with Spring Training Baseball.  What used to be a nice, easy way to catch a ballgame without having to pay a fortune has gone by the wayside.

My son-in-law, Geoff wanted to take my daughter and two grandsons to a game.  By the time he added up the cost of the tickets, parking, and refreshments he figured that he could wait and take the family to a regular season Diamondbacks game and pay less!

The reality is that Spring Training has become big business.  And when folks from Seattle or Milwaukee or Chicago are willing to pay such inflated prices, well, that seals the deal, doesn't it?

Peoria Sports Complex is about 5 minutes or so from my house.  But I have no plans to visit this season.  I'll wait for the Diamondbacks to begin discounting tickets (which they will) and then I'll check out a game that I can afford to attend!