Monday, March 16, 2015

Ephesians 3:14-20

Last night, my dear, sweet wife and I were treated by our kids with a stage performance of "Cinderella," at Gammage Auditorium in Tempe.

The place was packed, full of little girls in their best Cinderella dress to old guys like me.  The presentation did not disappoint.  In fact, Sherri and I rate it among the top five stage plays that we've ever seen (Our list includes "Lion King" in Philadelphia; "Phantom of the Opera" & Les Miserables" in London; "My Fair Lady" in Phoenix).

The Rogers & Hammerstein score is a classic and the costuming and staging were simply marvelous. The cast was superb, led by Paige Faure, who played Ella.

Last night as I was reading Faure's bio in the playbill I caught this: Applause to my families- the Durands and Monleys.  Love to Adam and Hank - thank you for go,go,going with me.  Eph. 3:14-20.

We'll, it's not every day that you find a theatre performer offering a witness to the Lord.  I was impressed! If you've not read Ephesians 3 in a while, here are the verses that mean so much to Ms. Faure:

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith - that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly that all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us...