Friday, May 27, 2016

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all

On Tuesday, I was blogging about where we should locate a basketball hoop at church.

Now, basketball is the last thing on my agenda at the moment.

On Wednesday I woke up in the most excruciating pain I've ever experienced.

Worse than when I snapped my ankle.  Worse than when I blew out my ACL.  Worse than when I checked out a "Real Housewives..." episode, just to see what it was all about.

The pain got so bad that Sherri and I spent a quiet overnight at the Arrowhead ER where I had some x-rays done and received some good pain meds.

Since then I've received some excellent care from Dr. Justin Wright and his staff at Camelback Chiropractic.  He has help to reduce the pain quite a bit.

So the pain is being managed and he's telling me to take it easy this weekend.  That's what I'll do.

Dr. Wright suspects that I'm suffering from a cervical issue which has resulted in a pinched nerve. Tonight I'm hoping that an MRI I'm scheduled for will solve the mystery.

Would you pray that the pain might relent some more and that the MRI will reveal the cause of this pain?

We like to say, "God is good."  This is true in both large and small ways.

Sherri was out of town for a week, celebrating baby Duke's first b-day in Green Bay.

She returned home Wednesday.  Just in time to take care of me.

I don't know how I would have managed without her.  Connie Kanzler would have dropped everything to come to my rescue.  Pastor Marcus would have helped out immediately.  I'm certain an urgent request on Facebook would have brought many responses (as they have with our beloved TFG group).

But having my partner and best friend (for almost) 44 years here at this time has been the greatest comfort and joy.

So where do I see the goodness of God in all of this?

All of this didn't happen until Sherri was headed back home.

It wasn't the best homecoming in the world for her.

But I am a greatly blessed man.

Thanks for your prayers.  God's best to you today.