Thursday, September 19, 2019

God is for you!

Last week I received a card from one of our members.  Actually, it was the latest in a long line of cards she has sent me over the years.  Often, her cards come at just the right time - when I'm especially stressed or ready to slip back into a deep depression.

She knows I appreciate the writing of author, Max Lucado.  So, the card I received offered much encouragement and, even more importantly, reminded me to whom I belong.

God is for you.  Turn to the sidelines; that's God cheering your run.  Look past the finish line; that's God applauding your steps.  Listen for Him in the bleachers, shouting your name.  Too tired to continue? He'll carry you.  Too discouraged to fight? He's picking you up.  God is for you.

From his book, "In the Grip of Grace."