Friday, September 20, 2019

They say it's your birthday!

I've been telling people that my birthday celebration would be like any other day.  At this point in my life, I don't think I'll feel any different than yesterday.

But then I've realized that this is a special day.  A day to give thanks to God.

Thank you, Lord, for the gift of life and for how you have sustained this life.

Thank you, Lord, for my dear, sweet wife, three marvelous kids and seven grandkids.

Thank you, Lord, for granting me my dreams of working as a radio broadcaster and as a pastor.

Thank you, Lord, for seeing my need for a Savior and sending Your Son, Jesus, as the world's Redeemer, my Redeemer.

Thank you, Lord for the gift of the Holy Spirit who has used the Means of Grace to bring me to saving faith in Jesus and for keeping me in that faith.

Thank you, Lord, for the many blessings I've received in this life (way too numerous to count).

Thank you, Lord, for the forgiveness of sin and the hope of eternal life.

In just these few moments of reflection, I see that this day is different from yesterday.

This is the day the Lord has made - I will rejoice in His goodness and love to me!