Monday, November 6, 2023

Losing is a habit

How many of you made it through the Arizona Cardinals game yesterday? I turned if off sometime in the 3rd quarter.  My wife was taking a nap.  Our dog, Jake, was sacked out on the couch.  I spied my recliner in my office and made a run for it.  The best I could hope for was a miracle victory that I could read about when I woke up.  But there was no miracle finish.

I don't think fans had high hopes for this season.  Our franchise quarterback has been out with injury.  A new coach has taken over, inheriting a lousy roster.  Our best bet is to get a high first round draft choice, make other draft choices wisely and rebuild the team.  I have no doubt that our guys have played hard, especially the defense.  Hopefully, we can't go any lower than we played yesterday.

Although I was not a Green Bay Packer fan back in the 60"s, I admired Vince Lombardi very much.  Once he explained the difference between winning and losing:

Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all-the-time thing.  You don't win once and a while, you don't do the right thing once an a while, you do them right all the time.  Winning is a habit.  Unfortunately, so is losing.