Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Bible in 90 Days

I apologize for the small thumbnail photo above. I found this Bible in a Goodwill store the other day. I was intrigued. Read the Bible in 90 days? I'd read the Bible in a year before.  But in three months? No way!

But as I continued to thumb through the pages I changed my mind.  I took it as a challenge. "I can do this," I told myself.  So for a couple of bucks I got with the program.

The guide says it will take about 45 minutes a day to read 12 pages of scripture.  I've found this is true.  Today is day seven so I've got a long way to go. And my reading today begins with Leviticus, chapter one.  I'm thinking that I can power through Leviticus and Numbers, I'll be rolling.

I don't believe that I'd recommend the Bible in 90 days to anyone.  This is kind of like eating a 60 ounce steak every day! In fact, if you never read through the Bible in a year, I don't think that you'll be denied entrance into the heavenly kingdom.  Faith is Jesus is what counts.  So read your Bible. Let the Holy Spirit do His sanctifying work as you let the Word of God penetrate your heart and mind. Then go out and put that Word into practice. And God be praised!