Saturday, February 10, 2018

At least it wasn't the flu

The last few days for me didn't go according to plan.

I had appointments to keep and people to meet and a practice on top of it all.

None of it happened.

Wednesday afternoon I started to feel...something.  Scratchy throat. Bit of a headache.  I pounded the zinc and the Airborn and went to be figuring I'd be just fine in the morning.

Except I wasn't.

I tried to go to work.  I thought, 'I'll just push through this and I'll be fine."

That thinking lasted about an hour.

Home I went and into the bed I got.

My dear, sweet wife was most concerned.  We both had avoided the flu and she was certain I'd brought it home.

But I never became feverish.  Just tired and achy.

This morning has started out much better.  I believe another day of rest and lots of Sherri's tea and I'll be ready to go tomorrow.  However, if you are ill, here are some things to do, taken from Health.com.

 Already sick?
Here are four things you can do to get better, according to Jeff Robertson, MD, and chief medical officer for health insurer Regence.
Take some alone time
This is the when youll want to shy away from company. Stay home and take care of yourself.
Watch your symptoms
If it goes from simple sniffles to raging sickness, contact your doctor. Your cold may have escalated to the flu.
Drink, drink, drink
Dehydration can easily occur (especially if you are running a fever or vomiting). If youre unable to keep fluids down, contact your physician.
Nows not the time to save up
Dispose of all used tissues. As easy as it is to grab whatever is on the nightstand (including crumpled Kleenex), dont! You may be furthering the cold.

To keep from getting anyone else's bug remember to wash, wash, wash those hands! Also, get plenty of sleep, drink lots of water and don't double dip.  In fact, don't even single dip - unless you're the only one using the dip!

Oh, there is one more thing you can do.  Come to church at LICL this weekend - Saturday at 5 pm or Sunday at 8, 9:30 or 11 am.  I'm not guaranteeing that you won't catch the flu.  But, come.  Call it spiritual immunization!