Friday, June 15, 2018

Did you hear the one about the middle-aged guy and the state trooper?

There was a middle-aged guy who bought a brand new Mercedes convertible SLK.

He took off down the road, flooring it to 80 mph and enjoyed the wind blowing through what little hair he had left on his head.  "This is great," he thought as he passed car after car.

Then he looked in his rear view mirror and there was a highway patrol trooper behind him, blue lights flashing and siren blaring.

"I can get away from him with no problem," thought the man and he floored it, flying down the road at over 100 mph.

Then he thought, "What am I doing? I'm too old for this kind of thing."  So he pulled over to the side of the road and waited for the state trooper to catch up with him.

The trooper walked up to the Mercedes and said, "Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes.  If you can give me a good reason why you were speeding like that, I'll let you go."

The man explained, "Last week my wife ran off with a state trooper and I thought you were bringing her back." 

The trooper replied, "Have a nice day!"