Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Luther's Morning Prayer for Children

Last week I was asked to lead the opening prayer at our annual Vacation Bible School. I was told that the kids had been trying to pray Luther's Morning Prayer but that it had been too difficult for most of them to say.

So, I went to the Internet to see if I could find a children's version of the prayer and I did! Unfortunately, I failed to note the site where I found the prayer so I can't give credit where credit is due.  Here it goes...

Thank you, God, through Your dear Son

 That with the Spirit, three in one

You kept me safe all through the night

 And I awoke to see the light

Be with me throughout the day

 Let nothing evil pass my way

May You be pleased with all I do

 This life on earth, I live for You

My soul and body and all things

 I trust to You, You are my King

Your holy angel keep me near

 The evil one I will not fear

Amen!