Saturday, June 9, 2018

High and tight on the sides, please

Seven or eight years ago I gave up...on my hair.  It had been in full retreat for awhile and each day it got more difficult spreading the remain strands around on top of my head.  My youngest daughter is a hairdresser and she urged me to take the plunge and go for the buzz cut.

A few days after the deed was done I wondered why I hadn't done it years ago.  It didn't really change my appearance all that much and it was so much easier.  No hair blowers.  No hair spray.  Easy!

Later, for my birthday, I received my own hair clippers.  Katie gave me a few lessons on how to do the cut myself and away I went.  And I don't think I did a bad job.

But I've had those weekends where so much was going on that I couldn't find the time to cut my hair.  Even though there isn't much, it does look a little unkempt.  So, today, I'm going to visit JJ's Barber Shop.

My son-in-law, Josh, lives in Wisconsin.  But any time he's here visiting he heads to JJ's.  Apparently it's an old fashioned shop.  No loud rock music, no hair cutters covered with tattoos and piercings. Sounds like my kind of place.

I'll report to you friendly readers next week on how it goes.

Today, we worship at LICL at 5 pm.  Holy Communion will be celebrated.  Tomorrow, we worship at 8, 9:30 and 11 am.  My sermon title is "What Have You Done?" My little group will play at 9:30 and our VBS kids will sing two songs at 11 am.  The house should be rocking by then!

Hope to see you this weekend at Life in Christ!