Friday, September 12, 2014

One more thing to be thankful for.

Who can remember all of God's blessings? It would be like trying to remember every single thing that happened yesterday...and the day before...and the day before.

The truth is that God's goodness and blessings to us is innumerable.  I'm amazed that God is so good to a poor, miserable sinner like me.  Still, that can't stop me from giving thanks for the fact that my kids are such good friends.

This is something lately for which I'm really rejoicing.  I've had experiences of late where one of our members has passed away, only to find out that one or more of their children are not speaking to each other or have drifted so far apart that they rarely have any contact with each other.  When the kids aren't speaking to each other it makes a difficult situation just that much more complicated.

So I rejoice today that my three kids are such good friends.  They do lots of calling and texting to one another.  "Facetime" gets a workout too.  They keep each other up to date on what's happening with their lives.  They ask each other for prayers.  The love and support they offer each other really warms my heart.

Thank you, Lord, for my children.  May they always love You and love each other.  Amen.