Monday, September 22, 2014

They say it's your birthday!

I celebrated a birthday over the weekend.  It was a pretty low key affair.  I didn't feel much like celebrating.  I was really tired after a very full week.

But my dear, sweet wife made the weekend special.  She worked really hard to make my favorite meal.  And there was plenty of chocolate cake, too.

Most of my family came over and we had a great time watching most of the grand kids (really missed Katie, Josh and Drew).

I received a number of nice cards and gifts from people in the church.  I was blessed greatly by their generosity.

This birthday brought me to the realization that I've lived the majority of my life.  But that's not a depressing thought.

I've got important work to do.  We bring on a new Associate Pastor in a week or so and I look forward to partnering with him to shepherd the flock God has given me (us) to tend to.  Most of all, I continually receive joy from my loving wife and kids and grand kids.

The psalmist wrote, "My times are in Your hands, O Lord."  Help me, O Lord, to be faithful in serving You and others in the time you have given me.