Thursday, January 22, 2015

It's a boy!

The call came in yesterday afternoon.  My daughter, Katie, had just gotten the good news.  The little baby she is carrying is a boy.  And she was excited!

But I had to ask? "Are you OK? You had your heart set on a baby sister for Drew" (her two year old son).

She said, "I'm fine.  I'm so happy.  Drew will love having a baby brother.  We're just happy that the baby seems to be healthy and everything is right on track."

I don't mind saying it - Katie is an excellent mother.  I so admire her nurturing and teaching skills. She has patience that I never knew existed.  Baby number two is a blessed baby, indeed.

So now, what will they name the baby? I've heard the name, "George," is making a comeback.  I'd better let Katie know about this development, just in case she doesn't know.