Monday, January 19, 2015

What a day!

Yesterday, my church family held a 10th anniversary celebration for me.

It was wonderful.

So many people put in so much time and energy to make it a special day.

Our people know what a fan I am of the Beatles so the church was decorated in a music theme.

Our great band of musicians performed a number of Beatles tunes - rewritten - to help celebrate the day.

The folks who brought food for the potluck meal out did themselves.

Lots of people said some very nice things and it was humbling.

Who knew 10 years ago that the church that began in the house would have grown in so many different way?

The Lord knew!

"Faith comes from hearing the message and the message is heard by the Word of God."

Praise God that His powerful Word is working and nurturing faith in the promises of our Lord and Savior.

Praise God that our church has been given the opportunity to witness Christ to so many folks in our community.  And that many have come to faith and have confessed Christ as Lord and Savior.

Praise God that He has surrounded me with so many wonderful believers that look beyond my faults and confirm that God is working in and through me, as I preach the Word and distribute the sacraments, so that they are blessed and trust more and more in their Lord and Savior.

It was a day I won't soon forget.  What a day!