Thursday, September 3, 2015

Don't leave home without it!

Hello! I've been out for a few days this week with a migraine headache that just wouldn't stop. Finally feeling much better this morning - just a slight headache that is manageable.

Last night while I was clearing off a messy desk I came across this story.  It made me laugh and I hope it works for you too.

A man desperate for water was walking through the Sahara desert when he saw something in the distance.  Hoping to find water he walked toward the image only to find a little old woman sitting at a table covered with neckties.

"Please," he begged, " can I have some water?"  The woman replied, "I don't have any water, but why don't you buy a tie.  Here's one that goes nicely with your outfit."

The man screamed, "Are you crazy? I don't need tie - I need water!"  The woman said, "OK, don't get all angry about it.  Here's what you do.  Just four miles over that hill is a restaurant.  Go there - they'll give you all the water you want."

The dehydrated man thanked the woman and disappeared over the hill.

Three hours later he came crawling back to the woman and her table.  She said, "What are you doing back here? Didn't you find the restaurant?"

Gathering up his last little bit of strength, the man rasped, "I found the restaurant...they wouldn't let me in without a tie."

I think I'll add this to my collection to the best of my "bad jokes" file.