Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Over 50,000 served!

Readers, that it.

Over the weekend, the counter on my blog noted that we have gone over the 50,000 mark.

When I started this blog 5 years ago last May, I had no idea that we'd still be going at it today.

The blog began as a way of keeping a record of what I did during a three month renewal trip in 2011.

I was going to shut it down a few months after I got back to work but discovered that there were those who were reading it every day and wanted it to continue.

I decided to keep going but established one rule for myself.

I limit myself to spending 20 minutes making the daily entry.

I did this to try and ensure that the blog wouldn't become a full time job.

This may explain the quality of writing that you get.  Sorry about that!

I've noticed that most blogs have some kind of focus or theme which is carried out each day.

I'm all over the place.  You may get something on sports one day, the Beatles the next, my grandkids the third day or some devotion or sermon I've recently written.

So, again, I'm very surprised that the counter continues to roll.

Well, my 20 minutes is just about up.  Let me just send out my thanks to all of you who check out the blog either daily or just from time to time.

Time is precious and I appreciate yours!