Our Office Administrator, Connie Kanzler, celebrated her 10th anniversary of working with us at Life in Christ this weekend. For about my first 18 months as pastor I did the secretarial work around the office. In the beginning there wasn't that much to do. But as I moved into my second year of ministry, the work began to pick up, there were more members to serve and our Board of Ministry Directors decided that we could afford to pay someone to work in the office. I had spoken with Connie and learned that she had just retired from teaching school and was wanting to work and serve in the church. She came in and without much help from me, figured out what the job entailed and dived right into the deep end of the pool, so to speak. She has been amazing to work with and her service has been such a blessing to our church. So, here are the top 10 reasons to celebrate Connie's 10th anniversary:
10) She helps to create a joyful atmosphere in which to work
9) Her dog, Scooter, is the perfect "comfort dog" for our members
8) She laughs easily at her mistakes
7) She laughs easily at my poor attempts at humor
6) She makes time for everyone who needs her
5) She always seems to have something good to eat hidden away in her desk
4) She demands a high level of excellence from herself
3) She always points troubled people to Jesus
2) She loves to use her gift of music as a way of giving glory to God
And the number one reason for celebrating Connie's 10 years at LICL?
1) She shines the light of Jesus' love to everyone who walks through our office doors!
Here's to you, Connie! God's best to you today!