Tuesday, September 19, 2017

An update on my Bible reading

I'm on day 25 of my Bible reading challenge, "The Bible in 90 Days." As I have previously written, I found this 90 day Bible in a Goodwill store. At first, I was put off--"There is no way I could do such a thing!" But the more I pondered the challenge, I suddenly remembered what I would say to my kids: "Don't give up before giving it a try." So I took my own admonition and bought the Bible.

I've just begun 1 Kings. I'm trying to read first thing in the morning or at lunchtime. I have been reminded again of God's grace and patience for those stiff-necked Israelites. Reading once again the stories of Joseph, Moses and David has been a blessing. Now we'll see how Solomon does in leading God's people.

The program allows for 2 grace days. I have used one already. Two Sunday's ago I just plain forgot. Gotta stay on the ball! It takes about 45 minutes a day to do the reading. And that is turning out to be the best 45 minutes of the day.