Thursday, September 14, 2017

It's that time of the year again

Time to pick the football winners! My friend, Michele, is participating in her office football pool and I, as her spiritual and sports advisor, am ready for another season.

We actually did very well last year.  It might have been our best.  I'd like to guarantee Michele that we're going to clean up every week but that would be foolish.  For example, I wasn't sure that I could pick our Arizona Cardinals every game, partly because I wasn't sure they had improved enough to see something better than an 7-8-1 season.  Now, with David Johnson on injured reserve, it gets even dicer. 

Anyway, we do have fun and I always get a chuckle from Michele when I see her after we've won and she says, "Here's your take!" Sounds like we've robbed a bank! But I assure you we haven't!  However, we would like to bank a few more victories this year.  And since I'm sure you wonderful readers are interested, I'll keep you posted on our successes this year.

You're welcome!