Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Blame the fatigue on the Diamondbacks

In my old age I seem to start winding down about 9 pm.  And by 10 o'clock I'm ready to turn out the lights.

But the Diamondbacks are totally messing up my routine.

Last night's game was a real nail-biter.  The game went well past 10 pm.  I kept saying to Sherri, "Something needs to happen."

And then it did.

A grounder down the third base line resulted in a Dodgers error and two runs scored by the D-Backs.

The closer come on in the bottom of the 10th to close out the game and Arizona won again.

They are the hottest team in baseball.  If they were in the National League Central, the Cubs will be trailing Arizona by four or five games.

The 2017 version of the D-Backs has made baseball watching fun again.

I just wish they'd get their games over earlier.